Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Two weeks ago I put an ad in the paper to sell 2 of my dogs. I wanted to sell Blade, my sweet little male dog that I have used for so long. Since I retired my 2 big girls I didn't need a bigger male. The other dog is the little male I got from Margie. He has been starting major fights with Blade and my little male, he was not house broken and I was really tired of the mess and fights. I had no idea that I could get money for an 8 year old dog but I had no problem. I got $100 for Blade. I used the 'rescue' card for Rusty, the one I got from Margie. I told people that he spent the first 7 months of his life in a small pen (true) and that I bought him just to get him out of that situation. I had about 6 people wanting to do their good deed and rescue the little doggie. I even told them he wasn't potty trained but they didn't mind. He went to Bedford on Sunday afternoon and Monday night she called me and said he accidentlly got outside and she couldn't catch him. She tried all week to get near him, the neighbors reported on where he was seen and everyone was watching for him but by Saturday he was still out. I volunteered to go up and try and see if I could catch him but we didn't see any sign of him that day. She had ads in the paper and posters up in the area and people called all week spotting him here and there. I said I would try again Sunday if I needed to but on Sunday morning she called and said a man finally caught him and she was on her way to pick him up. I called when they got home and she said he was fine, skinny and covered with ticks but doing fine. Thank God for answers to prayer!
I still need to to find a home for one of my bigger females. She is spayed and house broken but not a Yorkie so I don't think I can get any money for her. I would just be glad to give her to the right home. Before I sold Rusty he was borrowed by a neighbor and he is a Daddy now. My pay for owning the Dad is to have one of the pups. She only had 2 pups and one died so it looks like I will be getting the last remaining baby in about 2 weeks. I can sell him and get money or maybe keep him. Havent decided yet.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Glad to hear that he is not out there lost anymore. Hope she can keep him inside. Puppies are so cute.

Jeanie said...

"The strange thing that came to this strange mind of mine..." Not a strange mind at all. It is nice/good to be able to imagine all that stuff going on and having the ability to put it into words! Great job.

Glad that someone was able to catch Rusty for her. Look forward to a picture of his baby.

Thanks for sharing! Love ya!