Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's a beautiful morning! Come go for a walk with me. The dogs are eager and ready. Lets find out whats around the bend.
Sarah Beth and a friend made this fall decoration. Terry grew the pumpkin and squash.

I love the morning glory flowers. They remind me of walking out the long driveway to catch the school bus on cool fall mornings.
The little dog thinks he is big enough to whip the big dog and tries to let him know it all the time. Whiskers just thinks he's a misquito bugging him.
Lets stop and and smell the last of the honeysuckle flowers. I love that smell!

The thistle sure makes a pretty flower but oh..... beware of what is left when the flower fades.
Feel the breeze in your hair and the morning sun on your face? Well..... you will have to hold your nose until we get past this picture. The neighbor just came back from the turkey farm with a load of furtilizer.
We have to pull a few seed heads as we walk along, thats just goes with walking along a country road.

All the dogs look back at me and say, "Whats the hold up? Come on, lets run!"
Every body has to stop and smell every little hump in the road, I wonder what it tells them.
Is this pretty blue flower called Chickory? I know it is a pretty one.

This is what the neighbor has growing under their maple trees. Maybe that is what I need to do in my yard. I haven't had grass in my yard for years.
It is an ivy and it looks like it is doing great in their yard. At least I wouldn't have to mow it.
This is my favorite stretch of the walk. Especially when the fall colors are showing.
On the home stretch finally. Just around the bend is home and breakfast.

This is where I would like to end up but..... there's work to do. We'll have to save that for another day.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I enjoyed taking a walk with you. The early morning is my favorite time too. Thanks for including us.

Yvonne said...

Oh I so want to be there! It is all so pretty where you live. Is that blue flower called Columbine? Sure looks like it, but I think Columbine is more in spring. Thank you for those great pictures! - oh, and tell "farm girl" that she needs to post something soon!!!

Jeanie said...

Enjoyed the walk also. Thanks for all the pictures!