Thursday, May 08, 2008






They are coming on pretty fast now. That last rain didn't help them any, it wants to knock them over. I am amazed how much better the digital cameras take pictures of flowers. I had pictures of these that I took with the film camera and I had to delete all of them because the colors were so bad. The digital takes them so true to life.
Sis found a cat today. It came up to her while she was fishing at the pond. It is a long haired, orange and white tom. It must have been on its own for quit some time because its fur was so matted and it was covered in ticks. She brought it in and put it in a cage until I had time to work on it. Tonight I got my sissors out and a pair of tweezers and got to work. Both sides of its body was so matted that I had to take the sissors and get under the mat and cut it away and it peeled off like a blanket. I know it must have hurt to have the hair pulled so tight. It was so tight to the body that I did snip the skin a couple times where I could hardly get the sissors in between. Now it has both sides shaved to the skin and has a mohawk about two inches wide all the way down his back. We just stuck him back outside by the food bowl when we were done. I don't know if we will ever see him again but I know he is going away feeling better then he came.

No comments: