Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Well, it is definitely summertime. Remember wishing for this time back when it was 35 degrees outside? I like this much better and am not looking forward to that again. Sis saved her money this spring and managed to get enough to buy her a swimming pool. It is 13 ft. across and about 4 ft deep. She spends a lot of time in it and is brown as a berry now. I've been in it once and it really felt good after a hot day at the shop, working in the sun.
I just made a pound cake, it is in the oven and is smelling really good. I found some almond paste at the salvage store and looked up some recipes on the internet. I choose the pound cake recipe and am waiting anxiously to try it. Lois and Timmy are here at the park, fishing and they are supposed to come back when it is done to try a piece.



I have a new baby sleeping here beside me on the couch. Haven't named him yet, haven't known him long enough to pick one out. He is my payment for the use of my male dog. He is only 1 lb. and is really cute. I didn't know if I was actually going to get him because the mortality rate for puppies where he came from is very high. He was one of only two and his sister died. Irene became quit attached to him and made me promise not to sell him later of if I did, to sell him back to her. He looks just like the little pup I raised on a bottle last year. I saw that dog this week, he is about 5 lbs. and very hyper. He turned silver like his daddy.

We are signed up to set up a booth at the Leavenworth Riverfest the 26th of July. I have been busy trying to get enough signs made to take along. I want Terry to make some of his nice benches and a table or two. I don't plan on getting rich but it might be fun. It has really kept me away from home and at the shop a lot. I counted it up the other day and I am at home only 24 hours a week, not counting sleeping and if I go to bed at 12am. Maybe when this festival is over it will get better. I hope so. Sis is helping me keep the house livable and I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You are one busy lady! Here is to lots of buyers at the festival! Wish I could drop in too!

Jeanie said...

It is so easy to fall in love with a ball of fur! :) David said he doesn't think you charge enough for your wood working stuff. ;) I told him it was probably the location that has a lot to do with the pricing. He is used to the Tidewater area. Want me to ask him for a bonus for my Welcome sign? LOL So good to get caught up on all your posts. I enjoy them so much. Thank you! Love Sis in her very own pool. Way to go!