Tuesday, January 16, 2007


I don't know where this little bananna came from, I just found it on my computer and thought it was cute.

Brrrr.... it is cold out tonight! We (Sis and I) are at Bea's tonight and I am glad. She has a gas furnace and I can turn it up as high as I want and not have to worry about the bill. It is probable warm at my house too, as long as you are in the living room by the stove. The dogs will appreciate their heat lamps tonight.

Yvonne mentioned doing two days worth of laundry, I was doing laundry the last two days too. I was behind in the laundry department because I was afraid I would run out of water and didn't want to buy a load of water. With all this rain we have been having our cistern was filling up so I grabbed the chance. I want to get it done before the weather turned cold in case the pipes froze too. The drain pipe always freezes when the temp drops. Anyway, what was so funny was that Terry went to the shop yesterday and wanted to know if I was coming out. I said I wanted to get the laundry done first and would be out when I got it done. Well, about 1:30 pm I called him and he ask me what I had been doing all day. I said I was doing laundry just like I said and the last load was in the machine. "Bull-ony!" he exclaimed, "It doesn't take THAT long to do the laundry!!" Sounds just like a man, doesn't it?

When we got to Bea's this morning we were met by a new face. A very large, very skinny, male German Shepherd decided to move in. Now, what? Mom said 'they' told her not to feed him but she couldn't stand seeing a starving dog begging for food through every window so we found something he could eat. Since it will be so cold out tonight we brought him in to the basement. I'll keep you posted, don't know what we are going to do with him.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Such a shame. He is a beautiful dog. The guy I clean house for has a Shepard also but he is fat and sassy. He likes me, thank goodness, for he could knock me down like a feather if he wanted to.

Enjoyed all your posts. Sorry that I haven't written more often then I have. Seems like my life is in a rut these days and I'm in the dumps most days. Who wants to read depressing news?!