Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Look what I found in the yard today! Now doesn't spring make you so glad to be alive? It does me. Today is the first time I have been home on a warm day and been able to be outside and enjoy it. I just had to go for a walk. I am glad I have the dogs to more or less make me walk. They have gotten so fat and lazy this winter that I have to get them out and get some exercise. That makes it good for me because I think I have gotten fat and lazy this winter too.

I decided to walk around the 9 acre field in the front instead of just out the driveway. That is where we want to build our cabin some day. It is fun to stand there and try and imagine what it will look like. I think I have decided that a smaller house will be better. I first wanted a large cabin like, 30'x50', but that seems so overwhelming to accomplish, especially on our income. I have been thinking that I could survive in a smaller house. Maybe, 25'x30', one bedroom and a loft upstairs, one bedroom, a nice big kitchen and a decent size laundry/boot room downstairs. If I invest some of the money that I would have put in a larger house and use it to create a more organized space I could be happy.

No comments: