Saturday, November 10, 2007

A thank you to the best Mom and Dad ever!



Just a note to say thank you to the best Mom and Dad in the world! I want to say thanks for the good job you did as in raising your girls. Thank you for having a stable home. Thank you Dad for loving Mom and thank you Mom for loving Dad. Thank you both for showing us what love looks like and being an example for me to show our child what a loving relationship looks like. Thank you for the guidance and yes, for the discipline, that you gave us throughout our lives. I know that is is because of you both and the teaching and loving we had from you that we can all still be such good friends. I hear about families that are always fighting and not speaking to each other and I always want to say thank you again for not raising us like that. Now that I am the mother of a teenage girl I am so thankful, Mom, that I have you as a role model and am always thinking, how would Mom have handled this? Or what did Mom tell me when I ask these kind of questions?" I so appreciate it that I have that to draw on when I need it. I thank you that your diligence kept me out of trouble and I can hold my head up and be proud of my past and not have to apologize to my daughter for things I might have done if it wasn't for Mom and Dad and your prayers.
I want to thank you, Mom and Dad, for raising us in a Christian home and teaching us Christian values. For living what you believe and showing us how to have confidence in living our beliefs. They always say that we may not like it then but will thank you for it later and they were so right!
Thank you Dad for reading Bible stories to us when we were little and Mom, every time I hear you read something, even now, it always takes be back to when you would read to me while the bigger girls were in school and it was just you and me at home. One of my favorite memories of that time too, is eating fresh tomatoes from the garden with you, with mayo and salt. Dad I remember you let me be the first one to get a ride in the 'The Cart' when you got it put together at Whetstone. I remember how each holiday that came was not a day of rest but it was a 'Work Day" for us girls to help Dad. Thank you for teaching us the joy of a good day's work. There are so many good memories that I could list but I wont. I just hope that I am successful in teaching Sarah Beth as you have taught us, and leaving her with as many wonderful memories and I have.
I thank God I was born into this family and I thank you again, Mom and Dad for all your hard work, teaching, caring and loving. You may not have won the Nobel Prize, discovered a cure for a disease or had a planet named after you but you did raise some beautiful, well adjusted, compassionate, caring, girls and we will pass that legacy down to our children. So you, Mom and Dad, have made this a better world for you just being in it and I cannot thank you enough! Words here cannot convey how thankful I am so I'll just give you a big hug the next time I see you.

2 comments:

mom said...

THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLEMENTS>>WE LOVE YOU TOO

Farm Girl said...

I will say Amen to every word!You said exactly what I've always wanted to say. Thanks Mom and Dad!