Friday, October 28, 2005



It is usually too cold to sit here in the evenings and ramble on but we've had a nice fire going tonight so it is not bad here at the moment. It has been a relaxing Friday evening at home and we could do with a few more like this. We watched a good movie on the Hallmark channel, Terry played fetch with the dog and his 'everlovin' ball. I folded clothes so I wouldn't fee like I was wasting my time and I think Sarah Beth was picking her toenails while she watched, YUCK.
I've sold all my pups and we sure miss them when they are gone but Tabby is due in about a week so I think I can wait that long. I thought she was late having them but when I went back to the calendar and counted the days again, I was 2 weeks off! Man, and I was sooooo ready for them babies. I think Tabby is really ready too, she is sooo big this time.
Hildie is recovering nicely from her surgery but my checkbook will take a little more time. She had a really big abscess on the side of her neck that had to be lanced and drained. She has 2 cuts, about an inch long each that have to be kept open so they can drain. She has never been easy to handle and I thought this was going to be so difficult but she is co-operating so well, it surprised me. I think we might be bonding over this experience, as long as I don't hurt her too bad.
Lois and Timmy came over to the shop today and Lois browsed for a couple hours. I did manage to get a 20 dollar bill from her but had to give 8 of it to Lucille, some of it was her stuff.
Terry, Chris and David put up the wood stove at the shop today so we can have a little heat out there now. That will feel good this week end, I just don't know what our insurance company will have to say about that.
The pretty leaves are about gone here now, just a few more days and a high wind and the trees will be clean. I didn't get any pictures of them this year but ....... Oh well. I so miss the green of summer when it is gone and everything looks so gray outside but I love winter too because I get to spend so much time at home with nothing to call me away.
The cocktail's laid an egg the other day, I found it in the bottom of the cage. I guess she wasn't feeling like nesting this time. Sarah Beth wanted to get it and incubate it herself but I talked her out of that real quick. I don't need any more babies around her to have to worry about. Believe me, the worrying part is the hardest part about having and being responsible for all the 'babies' we seem to end up with. I just hate that part.
Well, Terry has gone to bed and I sent Sarah Beth upstairs to read about raising and training birds so I better quit here and wind the cat and throw the clock out. It's been fun, we'll do it again sometime. Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn. zzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Wonderful, didn't know you were so full of words, did you? Nice writing, easy to read. Can see it all in your word pictures.Keep it up!!