Sunday, October 30, 2005

Seems like we are all coming down with colds in this house. Terry had an Alka Seltzer Plus night last night and I can feel an Advil night coming on tonight. Sarah Beth has been complaining of many aches and pains for 2 days now. Seems like every time we get a change in the weather we end up feeling like this. It doesn't help that it is near Halloween and we have a good excuse to have lots of little chocolate bars in the house. Well, we had a lot of little chocolate bars, them darn little things sure can disappear fast!
Blade is in the dog pen right now and is looking at me like, "You don't expect me to have to stay in here tonight, do you?" "What do you think I am, a dog or something?" I was going to put Whiskers in the back room again tonight but on second thought, I really don't feel like 'throwing 60 lbs through the door' tonight. If he starts that barking again I'll just have to put a pillow over my head I guess.
No church tonight so we had another nice quiet evening at home. We watched Kidnapped on Masterpiece Theater but it is continued next week so we didn't' get to see the end. Here is something to wonder about, how come I never read all the 'classics' when I was growing up? I never read Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevens or Moby Dick or Jane Austin or any of those stories that you hear so much about. Seems like I always steered toward something a little more obscure. Does that say something about me that maybe I wouldn't want to know? Who knows. It's too late at night to be worrying about such philosophical questions. (Thank you for spell check on that word) Good night.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

I dearly want a chocolate bar too! We live too far away from any family, and have no neighbors with kids, so in 10 years we have never had a knock on our door for candy on Halloween!! And if I buy it, I will EAT it ALL! so I try not to. But oh how I want some!

Doesn't a free Sunday evening feel wonderful, to just 'be' an enjoy ever minute of it???