Wednesday, May 03, 2006


He's baaaaack! He sprung the trap last night, ate the bait and went away happy so Terry set two traps tonight. I heard one trap snap while watching TV and Sis checked it but he wasn't in it. Looks like he licked off the peanut butter but the bread was still there so I put some more peanut butter on it and will see if he scared himself too bad or maybe he'll come back for seconds.


I took all the eggs away from the cockatiels a while back. They were setting on duds for a month then would lay some more to go with them. When I cleaned them out, there were 6 eggs in there. Without eggs they would finally come out of the nest box and be a little more sociable but that didn't last long. I noticed them spending more time in the nest box so I checked and sure enough, another egg. I'll leave this one, or ones, a while. It gives them something to do to occupy their time and to have a reason to exist.


I know everybody gets tired of hearing about all these animals but really that all that ever happens here seems like. One thing that is happening, not animal related, is that my beautiful iris are beginning to bloom. We pulled down all the old cow fence along the driveway so I can get in there now and use the trimmer around them so they look really nice now. Some years, some flowers do not bloom but it looks like they are all going to bloom this year and all at one time too. It should be really pretty. I will take pictures but not just yet, we need a few more in bloom first.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Three blind mice, see how they run......Did you ever see such a sight in your life as three blind mice. Duh.