Tuesday, May 02, 2006



Well, somebody has to say something on here so I guess it will be me.

We had a good day Sunday at Mom's house despite the rain. The husbands all managed to be there and that is an accomplishment all by it's self! With so much testosterone around we put it to good use. We got the dry wall hauled up the stairs and even got a few pieces up on the ceiling. We got the piano moved but not without a lot of complaints but I think it was Terry doing all that. Ed and Terry put the new boards put down on the walkway and Kenny scraped the front porch for painting. Now, the next time we plan this, some body put the order in for a sunny day!

We have a new edition to the zoo around here. Coming in our driveway last Thursday we saw a pup that some one had dumped. It was very skinny, wormy and covered in ticks. It appears to be about 3-4 months old. It is the color of a chocolate lab but has a pit bull head. The vet said it is probably a lab-pit bull cross. It will get big! We don't want to keep it so I am in the process of trying to find it a home. I looked for a pit bull rescue site on the internet and it looks like we will have to have it neutered before we can list it for adoption. I didn't want to spend any money on it but........ I spent $25 this morning for shots and worming. I'll get a picture posted here soon.

Sharon, did you decide if you have some days off soon or will we be going to Kentucky on a weekend? I really need to get that done. Tonight Blade attacked Nemo in the pen and was out for blood! Nemo is 6 months old now and it starting to challenge Blade for top dog spot so I really need to separate them.

We have revival each evening this week so that keeps us occupied in the evenings for the remainder of the week. We are celebrating Sis. Joyce's 40 years as Pastor and will have a few guest speakers for all day meetings on Saturday with lunch served in the basement.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

So far I think I have next week off. Will let you know by Saturday.