Friday, May 12, 2006




What has happened to my dirty little girl? Tonight she decided to take a shower and wash her hair! That would be the first time she has ever taken a shower on her own without a bucket load of fussing and whining. She has been combing her hair about 5 times a day the last few days and usually I have to remind her many times in the mornings just to get it brushed out one time a day. I knew this day would come and have been looking forward to it but now that it is here........where has my little dirty ragamuffin gone? I don't know if it will last but I bet if it doesn't last, it will be back shortly. 12 years old! I look at her and say to my self, "How did I manage that?" I am just little ole Ruthie, I am not supposed to be a grown up Mom with a 12 year old girl! I wouldn't change it for the world though, she has taught me a lot. That old saying is true, "If I only knew then, what I know now."

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

They do grow up fast - don't they?

Lois said...

Watch out, wedding bells will be next.