Tuesday, July 25, 2006



Eureka!
New developments in the baby bird saga. And I am sooooo happy with the new developments!
I fed the baby formula last night and this morning early, then when Sis got up she had him out socializing him and I let the parents out at the same time. They both came to the baby and proceeded to feed him while on the towel on the table. I thought, Hey, this is great if we can work something out here so that they still do the feeding but do not have a chance to pull out all his feathers. That is how we do it now and it seems to be working fine. We let them come to him outside the cage or even take him to visit them inside the cage but not leave him there. They do so much better at it then I do. No mixing formula, heating water, sterilizing utensils or wiping baby faces. This is great. I worried that he was getting enough to eat, that I didn't have it too hot or too cold. Wondered if he was gaining weight properly and now I don't have to worry. Praise The Lord!!!

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

They missed their little Ugly Bugly! Yeah for persistance on their part, and yours for trying everything! He looks like he has a few feathers left.