Monday, July 31, 2006

Is everybody's air conditioner keeping up? We have the one window unit in the living room and usually it runs too cool to sit in the same room while it is running but not for the last few days! I don't mind sitting in that room at all. It is 85° in the kitchen but it doesn't feel bad if you are not working real hard. At least it takes the humidity out of the air.

Here is the latest picture of our baby. Sorry it is out of focus some.He is getting his feathers back finally. He is almost 5 weeks old now. I have had to start feeding him formula again. Daddy will still feed him if he goes for a visit but not enough so I have to do it. Mommy laid another egg today so she is busy now and is not interested in feeding him.

Tabby gave me a real scare last week. I thought I had lost her and that is a scary feeling. I was awaken about 4 am by screams of a dog in distress. I ran in to where the dogs sleep and Tabby was on her side, head thrown back, stiff and just screaming so pitifully. I could only stroke her, talk to her and pray while I thought for sure she was dying on me. She finally quit hollering and calmed down and I was sure it was all over but she lay there a minute and then got up and walked into the living room to lay down again. I knew I couldn't call the vet at that time of the morning so I put her in the bed with me and we waited. By this time I had the suspicion that it was probably a seizure but didn't know why or if it would return. I had her at the vets office by 7:30 and he checked her out. He couldn't determine any thing right there so he kept her to do blood work. He diagnosed an inner ear infection and gave her antibiotics. Said he was not absolutely sure that was the cause of the seizure but wanted to treat that first and just watch her to see if it happens again. Hasn't happened again, thank God! so that my have been the problem. I am still amazed and so happy to see her standing here looking at me after I just knew she was on her way out. That wore me out just remembering it and it took Tabby about 3 days to recover.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Glad to hear Tabby is OK. That would be scary!

Your baby is looking like a baby bird now!