Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Cookies

Here is what we did yesterday. We try and do this every year, a nice tradition for us.


You will notice the standard equipment in use and I don't mean flour and cookie cutters, I mean the telephone to the ear. I always thought that the stories of teenagers and telephones was a bit exagerated but I am learning a lot.

I did ask her to put the phone down long enough so I could get this picture. It seems all her girlfriends were jealous of all the fun she was having.

She made the cookie dough herself, rolled it out cut out about half of them while I made the colored icing from powdered sugar and milk. Then she wanted to switch and decorate a while and I finished the baking.


We turned on the Christmas music and got down to business. Computers are great, I have about 3-4 hours of Christmas music on my computer and I don't have to stop and turn the tape over or change the cd's. All the music is hand picked, upbeat, toe tapping music so each and every on is one that I love and enjoy listening to, not like tapes where you have to listen to the good and the bad.





After about 2 dozon heart shaped cookies you run out of ideas on how to decorate them creatively so it starts getting a little silly.

Want a cookie?



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Those have got to be the most beautiful cookies I have ever seen! I want to know what your frosting secret is - it's so shiny and pretty, and looks like it hardens nice!