Sunday, January 15, 2006


Sometimes I don't like being the 'Mom'. What happened to the days when someone yelled, "Supper" and I sat down and and ate a beautiful meal then went to my room for the rest of the evening? I miss those days. Sometimes I don't like to be the one responsible for all the meals. Deciding what to have and spending the time to fix it. Sometimes I don't like to walk in the kitchen after supper and see the table strewn with dirty dishes and bowls of food and know that it is my job to see to it that it is cleaned up. Sometimes I just don't like being the Mom!

Now that I got that off my chest, I feel better. (It is my 'time of the month', can you tell?)

I mentioned this to Terry and he had something to say about that. It went something like this, "Sometimes I don't like being the Dad, either, having to go to work every day, deciding what job is the most important, being the one responsible for all our lives and well being." So I guess we can just cry in our root beer together. (Maybe it's his time of the month too?)

I'll be glad when these next few days are over and my hormones are back to normal, then I can go back to being my totally satisfied and happy type person that I really am!

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You were always an easy person to get along with, even when it was 'that time' of the month. Aren't we glad it only last a few days?

As to the cleaning up of the aftermeal mess...that is the only part of cooking that is'NO FUN'! I have a recipe for a Tortilla Lasagna that I'm going to try. I'll share the eating with you, if you will share in the clean up with me!!!

mom said...

You all must be living my younger days over.....MOM

Farm Girl said...

I well remember having to help clean up the kitchen and wash dishes at the sink. Did we all help or was it because I was the oldest?