Tuesday, April 04, 2006


Count 'em, 1-2-3-4-5-6 puppies!
Wow! I knew Sofia was a big girl. I bet she was glad to stop carrying them around. I was with Mom at the hospital when she decided to pop them out.
Terry was here and tried to get her to stay in the pen but she was fighting with Hildie and he sorta lost control of the situation or probably just gave up and she ended up having them on my bed! I've had the wash machine running all evening and my bedding has recovered but the bed will take a little more time. Sarah Beth said I can sleep with her tonight but Terry will be fine on his side of the bed.
Now, for the scoop on Mom. Her knee has been hurting her really bad yesterday and today so about 2 today she had had enough. I took her to the clinic in English and they examined her and thought it could be a blood clot in the vein at her knee. The reccomended she go to the emergency room at Jasper. The doctor there examined her briefly and he thought it was thrombophlebitis or phleabitis for short. The way he explained it, it is an inflamation of the lining of the blood vessels. They did an ultrasound on her leg to look at the veins to make sure there was not a blood clot and that came back clean. They gave her a Cortisone shot in the hip and a RX for antibiotic which she wont take. The symptoms should last 3-4 days then get better.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

What a way to find out M was having problems! (on your blog)! M said she called E but he forgot to tell me that! ( I wasn't home when she called). I can't come down right now either as both of us are sick again too. Bad colds and M doesn't need that on top of her other problems.

I haven't had a cold for a year, and now that I'm around these babies (who have snotty noses) we have both got bad colds. Is there a pattern here?