Friday, April 14, 2006

Here is the one and only Easter basket I ever received. It was from my dear husband while we were dating. I had probably known him no more then a month. He made it all himself by hand. He made the little cart from red cedar and varnished it. He carved the egg from a bushel basket gourd that he had gotten from our garden, painted it and filled it with grass, candy and a ceramic rabbit to add to my rabbit collection I had at the time. Now you would have to come up with a good one to top that! I do believe, when he walked in with that gift is the moment that I knew that I was in love! You can't really see how big it is here but it is in all about 2 foot by 2 foot. I still have it, it has been packed away but I think the gourd egg has had it rough and has been cracked.

This picture was taken that Easter Sunday morning. Do I look like I am in love? We were married about 2 months later and it is and has been the greatest 15 years I could ever have wanted.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Wow, is that really you and Terry? My how time flies and gray hair apears. You need a 'before and after' picture.

Your Easter basket would take the cake for the most unusal I'd think. Can anyone top that one? I cant, I've never recieved one yet.

Farm Girl said...

Me neither!

yawningdog said...

You can definitely judge a man by his Valentine gifts. For our first, my husband bought me some jewelry tools and supplies. Not terribly romatic, by those were things I really wanted and would not have splured on for myself. That's when I knew he was a keeper.

I still have those Valentine presents, too.

Yvonne said...

Awww...what a sweet story! And that basket is quite creative!