Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Oh the joys of being the mother of a pre-teen daughter! I pray daily for the Lord to give me the right words to say when she asks some of the hard questions. It is time for me to start talking about some difficult or embarrassing subjects. I don't usually have any original thoughts of my own, I usually have to repeat something I have heard or read but last night we were talking about boys and the things they like to try to do, if the girls allow it. My thought was about shopping. When you go shopping at a high end store (not that I ever have, but I have heard about it) they keep the "good stuff" behind glass and don't let just anybody touch it. The cheap stuff is set on the counters and anybody can come along and pick it up and handle it or try it on. I ask her what she would rather be, the cheap stuff on the counter that get touched and handled by any one that comes along or to be the "good stuff" that is kept protected and cherished behind glass until just the right person comes along. I was browsing blogs the other day and came across this 12 year old girls blog that I found interesting. I had to share
this with Sis. It talks about comebacks for the boys that get too frisky. My favorite was, "This aint Pizza Hut, so keep AWAY from the good stuff!" or "This is NOT Burger King and you CANNOT have it your way!" I so wish we had places to go where she could connect with other kids her age that live the dedicated Christian life that we want for her. I know she would like some teenage Christian role models to hang out with but I guess it is a trade off. We could live in a more populated area and have the advantage of bigger, bolder churches or live in the peaceful country side and take the near isolation that goes with it.

2 comments:

mom said...

your own comment [question] was very good ....that 12 year old girl is quite smart....but you still shoud stay away from boys that show tendency to be smarty and impolite because you are considered guilty by association remember Davids one night with Bathsheba and the misery and trouble it caused him the rest of his life......

Yvonne said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for details!