Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Corinthians 13 For Moms

One year around Mother's Day I heard on the radio an excerpt from something called, I Corinthians 13 for Moms. I liked what I heard and wrote the station an email asking for a copy of it. They sent it to me and I wanted to share with you some of what I thought spoke to me. I won't bore you with all of it but here is the parts I like. It is written like the Love chapter, you know, Love is kind, etc.

....Love is kind when my child says, "I don't like you anymore!"
....Love is not rude when my spouse innocently asks, "What have you done today?"
...It always perseveres through blue nail polish, rolled eyes
and crossed arms, messy rooms and sleepovers.
...It always trusts God to protect our children when we cannot.
Where there is talking back, it will (eventually) cease (Please Lord?)
Where there is a teenager who thinks she knows everything,
there will on day be an adult who knows you did your best.
For we know we fail our children, and we pray they don't end up in therapy,
but when we get to heaven, our imperfect
parenting will disappear. (Thank you Lord!)....
I have to go back and read this every once in a while and remind myself that, "This to shall pass."

1 comment:

mom said...

I wish we could start over knowing all that we know now MOM