Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas morning, checking the bottom of the stocking. Just making sure she didn't miss something.
You know how you always hear about how teenagers have messy rooms? I never really believed all that but...... If you had seen Sarah Beth's this morning you would believe it! We spent the day cleaning her room today and it took all day too. She has only been in that room for about 2 months but it looked like she was a hermit and had been there for years. She had been having a problem with gnats and I told her there must be something in the room somewhere attracting them. I was right. We found a rotten apple in a sack under the bed. I am just glad that my vacuum cleaner doesn't use bags, we would have went through them today. She did have all 4 birds in her room at one time and all the mess was still there from that. We found dirty dishes and empty glasses and some things she thought was lost forever. Well, it looks great now, she even made her bed and straightened her shelves but it would not surprise me any if in 2 days you couldn't tell we did anything.
I don't remember our rooms being messy at all. Did Mom clean them for us or maybe since I was the youngest I didn't have to do the work? I don't remember having as much 'stuff' as the kids nowadays either. Maybe that is the difference.

2 comments:

Lois said...

I don't remember having "stuff" to clutter our room. I'm sure we were only allowed to eat at the kitchen table and our shared bedroom was too visable for it to get into such a mess. I think our "stuff" would have been homework, crayons, paper and jacks. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember any "stuff" Besides, Mom WOULD NOT have allowed such Tomfoolry!

Jeanie said...

Glad that she found her lost treasures. :)

Love the Santa outfit that she had on in the very first picture. So cute! They grow up so fast. Pictures are great to capture those special moments in time to treasure forever.

I had to get rid of my cockatiels due to the noise they made. David also threw stuff at the cage to shut them up. I would cover them with a thick dark colored material to shut them up when he had had enough. I had traded a Conure for them. He was a parrot and the bigger the bird the LOUDER they are! I only wanted one but the lady insisted on trading two for the larger bird. I also got a parakeet around the same time but don't remember where he came from. Probably needed a home. I tried getting rid of the female first but it didn't matter. She was very independant also but did learn to say "Hello" and whistle a tune. Hope you find them all good homes.

I see Terry sitting there on the porch of your new log home. Nice floor plan. Don't ever stop dreaming! Sounds like Whiskers needs a new house too! ;)