Saturday, December 10, 2005


Well, here they are. 5 weeks old now and eating solid food. If you think this was easy, well, think again! Did you ever try to get 5 puppies to sit still and all look the same way at one time? It is usually a wild old time. We usually have to have a lot of action and a big noise to get their attention. I get Sarah Beth to play the part of the jumping, yelling court jester and she is good at it. Even this picture is not real, I had to cut and paste a head on that was not looking the right direction. I am not telling you which one, you will have to figure that out yourself. It shouldn't be very hard.

We did venture out to the shop today but it was a hairy ride! We had the opportunity to go to Louisville to hear the Hoppers sing but decided not to go that far away because we would have to come back on these icy back roads late at night. It would have been fun but the weather had other plans.

I didn't get my hickory nut pie made or the black walnut oatmeal cookies but I did make some walnut candy with boiled brown sugar and butter, a little milk and a lot of powdered sugar. It is good but very rich.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

The puppies are really cute.I have been trying to send you the recipe, but so far 'it ain't workin'! So now I will have to try something else.
Your icy roads sound pretty awful, at least home is safe and warm.

Yvonne said...

Those puppies are just so dang cute! I love all of the "puppy pictures" you have posted. You are a very talented artist with that camera!

mom said...

a wild guess ....it's the middle one on the couch.....yes .....no.???????...MOM

Ruth said...

Yes Mom, you got it!