Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's been a busy week for sure. I managed to get the sign made in time, I hope the lady likes it.
I went to Jasper Thursday and did a little Christmas shopping then finished up tonight. I so wish I could be like you guys that get it all done a week before Christmas but, oh well, I can dream. Sarah Beth is finally happy about what she sees under the tree. It was so bear for so long that she thought we were too poor to buy gifts and was telling us never mind, she didn't really need very many gifts. That was sweet of her but we finally got our tails in gear and the tree is looking better.

Peanut and Destiny have been adopted by their new families this week. They are to be Christmas gifts to some lucky family. I am a little reluctant to sell them as Christmas gifts but they picked this week to be ready to go and I am convinced they are going to good homes. I didn't advertise very heavy this week for that reason. I have 2 left and if I don't get any calls tomorrow I will advertise next week. They should still go pretty fast. We miss them terribly already.

Desi is spending the night with Sarah Beth for a couple days again. She is 9 but looks about 7. We call her a little mouse because she is so quiet and we hardly know she is here. Here mom brought her on Thursday evening and will pick her up on Saturday afternoon. She would have brought her over on Wednesday but she said her daddy wanted her that day. I really don't know what to make of these parents that give up their kids for so long at a time. I know I couldn't leave Sarah Beth with someone else for that long. Overnight is about all I can take and that is with family only.

I can't believe how much noise these crazy cocktail's can make! Sometimes you can't hear yourself think in here. I had to move the cocktails and parakeets in to the living room to keep them near the heat and boy, does it get loud in here! I am ready to sell these birds because of all the noise and also the layer of dust that they deposit on everything within 5 feet of their cage. I guess I could advertise them in the paper like I did the pups. The female is pretty scary but the male loves for you to scratch his head for him.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Now you understand why Ed would throw couch pillows at my cockatiels? He did tell me that I ccould have them if I want, but I don't see him being any more tolerant. It isn't good for the birds,in my opinion. But if things were different, I'd take them in a minute.

Lois said...

Timmy hasen,t ank about any gifts yet. It,s 2:10 Christmas morning and I finally wrapped a few little things and slipped them under the tree while visions of suger plums danced in his head.