Monday, December 19, 2005

This may be the last time we get to see this for a while. We had to talk her into it this time!


Okay class, we are going to talk about 'feelings' now. I have been thinking a lot lately about all the little things that make life fun, like the feeling you get when you slip on a brand new pair of socks. Like the feeling you get when you get the dishes done, wiped the stove and counters and the back of the sink, folded your rag and lay it across the sink. Like the feeling you get when the dog has had 5 pups and you know she is done and safe and she and all 5 beautiful pups are sound asleep. Like the feeling you get when the pups are about 3 weeks old and you get your first lick on the nose. Like the feeling you get when your kid does something nice just because she knows she should and not because you told her to. Like the feeling you have when you install a program on your computer and it actually runs. Like the feeling you get when you are sitting in the darkened church and the spotlight is on the children on the stage while they sing the last song in the play you have worked so hard on for 6 weeks. You are thinking how each child remembered most of their lines, the borrowed baby Jesus slept through the whole thing and didn't cry. None of the little lambs fell off the stage or ran down the isle crying. The safety pins stayed put in the costumes and nobody got hit in the head with the shepherds cane. That's a good feeling! Like the feeling you get when you've got your kid all tucked in, your teeth brushed and your face washed and the lights turned out and you crawl between nice cool sheets and shut your eyes. Life is good!

Any of this sounding familiar? Like the feeling you get when your house is finally all cleaned up and you get to get a cup of coffee and a magazine and sit in your nice clean living room and relax? Oh, no wait, I have never had THAT feeling! Don't know what that would feel like but I know I would really enjoy it!

Okay everybody, your turn. What are some of your favorite little moments in life? What gives you a good 'feeling'?

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

What are some of my favorite moments in life? You ask such hard questions! I don't usually have to 'think' this hard!!
One that comes readily to mind was when Maddie was born. We waited anxiously, watching Katie like a hawk, praying for a healthy foal. Then when she slid out into my waiting hands, what a feeling of expectation and excitement! (probably because Katie had lost her first pregnacy when she was 8 months along).

I love it when the garden is all planted, the rows straight. No weeds in sight.

And the soft nicker of hungry horses greeting me with there heads over the stall doors, waiting for breakfast.

When one of our hens, comes up to me in the morning, and makes little, gentle, talking noises. You talk to her, ask her if she is hungry, or she is a beautiful chicken, or whatever, and she will talk to you in low gentle chicken noises. She talks as long as you talk to her, neat!

When Miss Kitty wants some food in her bowl, she will come and bump into my leg with her head, you put food in the bowl, she gently touches your hand with her cold nose. A thank you? I like to think so.
I'm sure there is much more but my brain is tired from trying to think so hard!

Ruth said...

Here's one for you, when you write the check for the light bill, lick the stamp and stick it in the mail box. Now you have 3-4 weeks before you have to think about that again! I like that feeling.

mom said...

Like the feeling you get when your kids are on a trip and they call home and tell you [we are here all safe and sound] [[ BUT NON OF YOU KNOW THA FEELING YET ]] ..LIKE WHEN ONE OFYOUR KIDS CALL AND TELL YOU Timmy or Sarah Beth or Greg is feeling much better today....like when all of your kids can get together with you and daddy on the same day......like when the sun shines after a cold ,rainy day or two...... I GOT LOTS MORE BUT IN HAVE TO LEAVE FOR WORK NOW SO bye,bye..MOM

Yvonne said...

*The feeling I get when my 2 1/2 year old nephew runs up to me to give me a big hug - he loves his Aunt Yvonne!
*The feeling I get when I do something for someone or say something to someone that really makes their day - and suddenly, it has made my day, too!
*The feeling I get when my 12 year old gives me a hug just to warm me up.
*The feeling I got when my 19 year old daughter (whom I'm convinced does not like me much these days) brought me home a box of Jelly Belly jellybeans, just because she knows I love them.
*The feeling I get when my husband will find a moment in a busy day just to call and say hi - touch base, so to speak.

Jeanie said...

Getting the bike out on a beautiful day and ride my cares away!

Lois said...

Sorry folks,I've sat here for the last hour and commented, then hit the wrong button and wiped it all out, thats a feeling, Oh, what did you say? wrong kind of feeling? Oh.