Sunday, December 18, 2005

We found this neat website where you can cut out virtual snowflakes. Check it out, but be forewarned, it can be addictive! This is one Sarah Beth did. It is not one of her best but it looks difficult.

After the cookie baking day we had at Lois' house, (thanks Lois for the loan of your kitchen and ovens) I had to hurry home and wrap about 10-12 gifts for the King family Christmas party. I am so glad Sarah Beth is big enough to help with that now, she had the living room floor and I had the kitchen table and near the end we were sharing the one roll of tape we had left so that was a bit hectic. I took the black walnut oatmeal cookies, the hickory nut pie and some black walnut candy. We managed to bring home about 2/3rds of the cookies, 3 pieces of pie and most of the candy. That's great because I was afraid I wouldn't get any of it.

There were about 28 people there and she had tables set up so every body had a seat. So what is new in the King family? Not a lot. Larry has lost about 20 lbs. Mike had gained about 50 so he made a great Santa this year. Susan lost probably 100 lbs. Good for her! She looks so much better. Madison is almost 3 and is scared of Santa Claus, Dillon just turned 2 and is just learning to talk, Sarah Beth will be 12 soon and has decided she is too big to sit on Santa's lap but we managed to persuade her one more time. Janelle is pregnant again so we will have 29 people for next Christmas. Casey is a teenager now so he is in his strange looking phase, long hair, scraggly goatee and baggy clothes. Ryan is married now so he is out of his strange looking phase and looks normal again. All in all every body is healthy and happy and ready for what the next year will bring.

Jessica came home with us to spend the weekend and so she could be here today to practice for the Christmas play we are attending Wednesday night. Chelsea came home from church with us so we had a house full of pre-teens again today. They pretty much stay out of my way so I don't have any complaints. They stay in her room or outside except when they get hungry! Today Chelsea and Jessica both got their feet wet trying to stand on the ice at the edge of the pond! We had some stinky shoes on the stove for a while trying to get them dry again for Church tonight.

Instead of church we went Christmas Caroling at the housing tonight. We tried to dress warm but there isn't much you can do to overcome 32 degrees and a slight breeze! Most of the old people either were not home or had already gone to bed so thankfully it didn't take us very long to get all the way around the complex.


I have a busy week coming up, I have a cedar sign order I have to get done this week, I have to sew a shepherd costume and two turbans for Wednesday night, I have some ebay sales to ship out and still need to do some Christmas shopping. Also I advertised the pups for sale in next weeks Jasper and Bloomington paper so this should be an interesting week ahead. I just thank the Lord I am able to do these things. It's like a preacher I heard one time say, "How many would rather be here in church then the best jail in town?" That got their hands in the air.

1 comment:

mom said...

where is that web site Ruth??????