Sunday, February 19, 2006



The dinner at church went fine. The only problem, the guest of honor couldn't bee there! We were honoring Irvin, a 70 some year old man but he was not feeling well and couldn't be there. We went ahead, as if he was there and taped it so he can watch it at home. Sarah Beth played a solo on the piano for him, I hope he likes it. She did it without her book. I don't know if it was from memory or by ear, I suspect it was just memorised but she did a great job. There was plenty of food there, they didn't miss what I didn't bring. They ate most of my cucumber onion salad so I guess it went over well. Terry tasted a bananna split cake and was impressed. Any body ever make one? I need the recipe. It has banannas, pinapple, pudding, cool whip and 'nilla wafers I think. I did hear them talking about the pound of powdered sugar in it!

Chelsey came home with Sarah Beth to spend the night so I haven't seen much of her this evening. I guess I will get a day at home tomorrow, it is no fun at the shop for Sarah Beth when she has friends over. It's nice for me but it worries Terry. It will be alright though, as long as the weather holds up he should get a decent paycheck this weekend.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Your dinner sounds great. Here is a recipe to try. Almost all of them used graham crackers. Couldn't find one that used nilla wafers.
Sounds like Sarah Beth enjoys her piano. I never did, probably why I can't play now!

BANANA SPLIT CAKE

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 c. powdered sugar
5 tbsp. milk
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 bananas
1 sm. can crushed pineapple, drained
8 oz. Cool Whip

Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter and pat into 8 inch square dish for crust. Cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk together. Spread over crust. Slice bananas over cream cheese mixture. Put drained pineapple over bananas. Spread with Cool Whip. Refrigerate. Serve in squares and put a maraschino cherry on each one.

Farm Girl said...

PS. could someone tell me why my profile has appeared at the bottom of my blog?

Ruth said...

Your profile is at the bottom of your page because you have a photo or line in your blog that is bigger then the space provided for it. It will come back to the top when that photo or line moves into the archives as long as you don't add another photo that is too large for the spot.


Thanks for the recipe, it sounds like the right one. If I had some bananas I would go out there and make it. I think 'nilla wafers would work too, who would know the difference?