Friday, February 10, 2006


Okay, it is 10:30 in the morning and I guess I had better get out of my robe and pajamas and get my day started. This is Friday, the day I usually stay home and clean house but I haven't gotten much cleaning done yet. The fire didn't burn real good last night so we got up to a cold house. I cooked Terry's oatmeal and toast and he ate it in here by the fire. I have been nursing the stove all morning trying to get it warm in here. Terry brought in more wood to the porch yesterday but it was wet so it is not burning like I like it to. I let Rocky (the bird) out to play a while while I drank my coffee and watched the morning news. The Olympics are starting tonight so that is about all the news they are talking about. I read my email and all my favorite blogs then started Google-ing cockatiels to try to learn more about these new family members. I would love to know more about what all the tweets, whistles, chips, twitters and screams mean. Can't seem to find anything out about that. He has stopped the screaming though, since he gets to come out and interact with us more now. I got some cute pictures of the bird and the cat, will share them with you later (when I get the house cleaned).

I told Sarah Beth she could sleep in this morning and she is taking advantage of that. I'll leave her alone I am sure it won't hurt to let her catch up. It may be noon before she shows her face though.

The fire is hot now and I am hungry so I will get out of these pajamas, comb my hair, get a bite to eat and start cleaning up. See you later.


1 comment:

Lois said...

Oh for a good hot fire to back up against, I'd love that. I miss the old Right Way stove we grew up with. I especially remember the time we moved from Raceland to Greenup in the dead of winter. The house was made of concrete blocks and boy was it colder than cold. It was moving day, no heat,except what little measley bit the Right Way was generating and we were losing that from the door being open to move things in. Somehow we found a sleeve of soda crackers and a stick of cold butter. I was 10 years old at the time. I distinctly remember spreading that butter on those little square crackers then laying them on the top of the heater to melt the butter, warm up and toast. Nothing was ever so good as that little gourmet treat to a hungry, cold kid. I can still taste it's goodness. I just had a thought. Ruth, how about let's try that again on your heater sometime I come over? Bet it wouldn't be as good though. I don't remember any more details of that move except the cold dreary block house and the warm buttery crackers. I'm sure all you other kids were there too but that didn't stick in my memory. I do remember the hot summer Sunday's that Geralds came over for church and we were all crowded in that stuffy hot living room with a box fan running. The best part was the last "AMEN" and we were out of there, we made a bee line for the great outdoors and a warm breeze to sooth the soul. Didn't say much for Geralds sermon did it? OH well, that was 40 years ago and lots has passed under the dam since then. This started out as a comment on Ruths wood heat, Guess my memories took over. What do you guys remember?