Wednesday, February 01, 2006







Most days I am at the shop all day even if I don't open the door. Usually I don't open up because it is way too cold out there and I am too lazy to start a fire in the stove or just that nobody comes and it is a waste of time and effort. Yesterday was one of those days. I didn't bother to open the doors but a lady stopped and came in the office door where I was working on the computer. She wanted to know if I would buy a 37¢ stamp from her. Her grandaughter was sick and she didn't have enough money to buy a Sprite for her. Of course I gave her some money, just 50¢, I didn't have any dollars with me. She was grateful and promised to come back when she got her check and buy some stuff. I didn't think any more about it. Later that day Lois came by in the truck and dropped some stuff off and while the door was open some one from out of town stopped and I they bought $50.00 worth of stuff! Wow, I was so glad that Lois stopped or I would not have been open for them to stop. When I told Terry about it last night he said, "Well, that was a pretty good return on the 50¢ you gave that morning." I hadn't thought about it that way but I guess it was. Way to go, Lord!

3 comments:

Lois said...

God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. The timing was perfect, couldn't have done it if I tried, just glad it happened that way. If I'd have been 5 minutes earlier, it wouldn't have hapened. Really, I was somewhat upset with myself for getting such a late start and and arriving at the shop so late. Maybe they were counting their blessings too. Can't wait to back up and look at the pictures you put on for me, a big thank-you. I should be home Friday, fars I know, good Lord willing, the creek don't rise. Yes, that was a good return, just think what might have happened if you had some dollars on you at the time and gave her $5:00! WOW.

mom said...

Lois ,What's the creek got to do with it ? That's my excuse..MOM

Farm Girl said...

Remember that verse that goes something like 'we receive a 100 fold return on what we give'? Can't remember the wording, I'll have to look it up.