Friday, February 17, 2006


I guess I don't get a day off this week, I didn't get enough work done yesterday so I have to work today too. I am just glad it is ME that is my boss and it is ME telling me I have to work today and not a BOSS, BOSS! That wouldn't go over as well. I had to pack and ship 12 green jadite cups and ship them to Toyko yesterday along with other packages so that took up half of my day. That trip to the post office cost me $110.00! The package to Toyko cost $64 by it's self but that is what she paid to have it shipped so I am not out any money.

Boy, wasn't that some wind last night! I sounds scary sometimes but I just figure that the house has stood for over 150 years on that same spot so I imagine it has encountered a few other windy nights and managed to stay upright so that thought gives me comfort along with the knowledge of Curly and Lefty standing by.

Sorry, I don't have any trip to the woods to report on, or a busy day collecting sap. Just another day in front of the computer, watching Animal Planet. If anything exciting does happen you will be the first to know about it.

Sarah Beth has spent the last 3 days doing her first book report. It hasn't been pleasant, she wants to do it her way but I keep telling her she has to do it by the instructions. She finally got her rough draft done and is typing it out on the computer now. Thank goodness for spell check!
I remember hating to do the book reports and in high school I even skipped that part. I want her to at least do one so she knows how it is done but I don't know if I will go through this very often. Dad said when he was in high school they let him skip the book reports as long as he just read a lot of extra books. The worked for him, will it work for us? We'll see.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Sounds like your busy day in front of the computer has netted you a tidy return. We are all busy in different ways. Don't be sorry, yours is just a different kind of busy!

Lois said...

Ruthie, you're too much! That poor face looks so uterly pitiful. Hope that didn't mean you felt like that. You come up with some doosies.
Your job is ok for you, I guess, but I'd rather been hikeing the woods than shipping to Tokyo. Only problem was, your job paid you, mine didn't, except for a fig deep scratch from a big sharp brier.

How do I fix this screen? Every thing on it got 'kicked up a notch' and it's too big. I prefer it smaller like it was before.