Tuesday, February 28, 2006



You would think I never fed that bird! They seem to be doing fine now. I think I will wait until warmer weather to put the birds in the kitchen. It wasn't really that cold out there but I don't know what the problem was.

Today was a really beautiful day, I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy it. Sarah Beth wanted to go barefooted. Silly Girl! She did go fishing in the pond when we got home. I fixed her and me a plate and took a seat and ate supper out by the pond. Oh, and she didn't catch any fish.

Thanks Mom for the box of can goods and thank you Lois for the good supper! Fried chicken, rice, corn, mashed potatoes and strawberries. Speaking of strawberries, I remember when we were young we didn't get strawberries very much and when we did it was a real treat. Having to feed 6 people ment that we didn't get very much, only one dipper each. I always wanted more. When I first got married it was so amazing to me that when I fixed strawberries, I could eat as much as I wanted and nobody cared. I still think about that every time I eat strawberries and I do eat strawberries now, as much as I want!

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Silly bird! Maybe he likes to stand on his head? It is a challange to pick up a seed that way?
Your supper by the pond sounds nice and relaxing. A picnic in February???
If Sarah Beth catches a fish, does she clean it too? Ick!

Lois said...

Another thing about strawberries when we were 'YOUNG'[were we ever?] was that they always got watered down to make them go farther. Remember that? I remember they came in little ovel shaped cardboard containers, frozen that is. Maybe 2 cups full, got devided between 7 people. Yes they were a treat.
I don't know if it's so good or not. When we were young, Mom was around to keep us from snacking all day. Now, we are in our own kitchen and we can snack and eat all we want, no one to tell us to "STOP, there won't be enough to go around." Don't cha recon that's why we put on a few pounds?

Lois said...

Glad you enjoyed your supper. It's a nice feeling , not to have to cook, yes?