Monday, February 06, 2006

Well maybe I can do a better job tonight.

This morning we decided we needed to go to Jasper but we are having a problem with the front end of the car and didn't want to drive it that far. There is no heat in the truck and it was 20° this morning so that was out of the question. Mom was home for the day and she graciously let us borrow her car. Thank you, Mom. Terry took our car to the garage to be fixed and we went on to Jasper. We got back around 2:30 and the car was not done yet so I went to the shop to do some work and Terry went to get a load of firewood. He met me down at Mom's and I gave her back her car and went home in the truck. By then it was about 40° so it wasn't so bad. They said my car wouldn't be done until tomorrow so I guess we will be riding to the shop with Terry in the morning. When we got home Sarah Beth said I could help Daddy unload and stack this load of firewood, she had some things she wanted to do. I said that would be alright, it's just that she had to do what I would have been doing if I had to help unload. I explained to her that I had to vacuum the livingroom floor, straighten up the kitchen and get supper started. Well that changed her mind, she decided she would rather help unload firewood. I did get the living room floor swept and we had spaghetti for supper but it wasn't good, I cooked a box of spaghetti that some one had given us that was low fat, low carb and cholesterol free. I fed mine to the dogs and ate potato chips for supper. That stuff was as nasty as it sounded!


Tabby came in with quite a few cockleburs stuck to her and I had to cut them out with the scissors so I just decide to cut all her hair off so wouldn't have to go through this all the time. Anyway she was getting to look real funny because I have cut so many out already. I stood her on the table in the back room and proceeded with the clippers. The other dogs didn't even recognize her at first. She looks so good now, she clips real easy and looks good when you are done. Sarah Beth has been wanting me to do Ginger for a while so I went ahead and clipped her short too. It was her first time and she didn't want to hold still but we got through it. Her hair is different and was harder to do, she looks like she was clipped by the amateur that that I am. She will do though, she isn't trying to win a fashion contest. It was getting on towards bedtime so I cruised through the house straightening up and putting things away, running Sarah Beth off the computer, feeding the cats, making sure the birds had food and water, locking the dogs in the pen and generally battening down the hatches for another cold night. Now every body is in bed and asleep but me and I am sitting here by the fire, loving the heat but I think I will join them now so good night all, and God bless.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

For have a brain 'fuzz ball' the other night, you did yourself proud on this one.!!

Yvonne said...

I'm in awe - you get so much done in one day - I come home from work and it's all I can do to make dinner and get dishes cleaned up.