Saturday, February 25, 2006

Worked on the cockatiel cage all morning, finally got it done. The birds seem to like it but she didn't like the process of being moved. I didn't know cockatiels could bite so hard! She actually drew blood this time. Trust me, they have quite a grip.
Terry went under the house again today, after another trip to the ardware store. He capped off the bad pipe and rerouted the water to the wash machine. I have my water back! But now I need to order another load of water before I can wash clothes.

Terry seems to be feeling better today but I don't know if he is better or just so doped up that you can't tell. At least he is not groaning every time he moves.

Lois, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, we (me and Sarah Beth) had a round this week too. She had to get mad and cry even. Imagine that, at almost 12 years old! She had to right a report on Helen Keller. She had to write a rough draft, correct it, then write a final draft. She didn't want to do it that way , she wanted to just write it one time then erase and correct any mistakes on that page but I insisted she follow the rules. She started the final draft and had to restart it about 3 times, getting more upset with each try, ending in tears. Her problem was (we finally figured out) that she didn't understand what 'Indent' ment. We finally got through it but by the time we did she hated everybody that had anything to do with making reports mandatory in school. I can remember hating to write reports too, and by high school I was a pro at sneaking by the assignments.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Boy, do I remember how those birds can bite! One of mine bit me on the cuticle,right next to my nail! Oh, did that hurt! The sight of blood just made it worse!

Your cage looks pretty neat! Nice job!