Friday, February 10, 2006

Well, Lois I don't remember that incident. What I remember the most about that house is that that is where I had to eat Biostrath. Ewwwwww, that stuff was nasty! Mom seemed to think I was on the puny side when I was about 5 or 6 (I am sure I was)and decided this was what my skinny little puny body needed. One spoonfull of the yucky, black, syrupy stuff each day and I guess I was cured. At least I am still alive and there is no way you can call me puny now. Thanks Mom, you did a good job!

I remember in the summer time while you big girls were in school it was just me and Mom all day. I am sure she was glad when you all got back from school so she could have a break. I remember her teaching me to tie my shoes using her shoes. I can still see those old broken down worn out green shoes she was wearing. She also read stories to me and even now when I here her read it takes me back to when I was 6 or 7 and she read to me. My favorite memory is just me and her eating sliced tomatoes with salt and mayonnaise for lunch. Fresh picked of course, right out of the garden. Indescribably delicious! I don't know if it was the tomatoes that were so delicious or just the memory.

I have more nice memories from that house but I will share those later.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

What incident are you two discussing? I can't find any thing on either on of your blogs.

Ruth said...

read lois' comment on my blog with the smiley face.