Monday, February 27, 2006


Sharon, you didn't know it but I was a little upset with you today, but I got over it real quick. I was at Mom's having a tuna sandwich and a cup of coffee and some nice conversation with Mom and Dad, then you called. I was thinking hey, I was talking to Mom, what's the big idea? You took her and now I can't talk to her! But...... I know you are so far away and I did get to have lunch with her at least. You had to use the phone and I was right there in the kitchen with her so you are forgiven. I didn't get to stay long, I had to get out to the shop and get to wrapping packages. But it was a good tuna sandwich.

The birds kinda scared me tonight. They were real quiet and the female was all fluffed and real sleepy looking. He was a little fluffed and was quiet too. Things just didn't seem right. They have been in the new cage in the kitchen for 2 days now and seemed to like it. I don't know what was bothering them. They are so sensitive to everything and it could have been so many different things. Anyway I moved them back into the old cage in the living room again and they seem somewhat better now. They are eating and I heard a little noise out of them. Still a little off but I hope they get over it.

I decided this week that it was time to start teaching Sarah Beth how to cook. Well...... that didn't go over real well. I said she could start with making spaghetti but she thought that was too hard and wanted something easier. Now what is easier then spaghetti? Nothing except maybe boiled eggs! She had to thaw the hamburger first and she didn't put it on a plate in the microwave so it made a mess. She didn't want to touch it to clean it up so that was a whine. She want to watch TV while frying the hamburger so it got a little brown, she didn't like that either. I toasted the garlic bread for her since she was being such a whine about it. We finally got it done and it was good. She had to whine again when she realized she had to clean up afterwards too. I reminded her about all the time that she came out and cleaned up my mess after I cooked her supper (ha, that would be none) so she finally got through that too. She will cook spaghetti now, once a week until that is old hat to her and then we will move on to meatloaf or something like that. Good thing we like spaghetti! I imagine we will have a few more whine sessions but Mom said I was the same way and I lived through it. Thanks Mom for insisting! I still whine about it but at least I know how to do what has to be done.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Ruth, I am sorry to intrude on your Mom time. I would have been a bit upset too, if it had been reversed. Next time I will ask if she has company there! So sorry! She sure isn't home much! I would like to have been there too, to share the tuna sandwich with you both.

Could there be a draft near your bird cage? Maybe a tiny gas leak somewhere that you can't smell? Too dark in the corner? Not warm enough?


It is hard to grow up and have to take responsibility isn't it? But we all were the better for it when we had to take a week and do the cooking for the family. She will thank you someday. I wonder if Gregory likes to cook too?

Lois said...

You ask what would be easier than boiling spaghetti? Boiling water, for tea.

Timmy thinks she can cook. He said she made pancakes for breakfast.

I wish we could eat spaghetti around here, neither of my guy's like it. Guess I'll have to come to your restaurant for a mess and Oh how good that garlic bread sounds. Yum,Yum, Yummy.