Thursday, March 02, 2006



Whew! what a windy day today! I've always heard that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. Well we had the lion today, now I can't wait for the lamb.

We went to Wendy's for supper tonigh and to Wal Mart for groceries. We all ate at Wendy's for just over $7.00. I think that is cheap for 3 people. Terry like the chili, Sarah Beth is happy with 5 chicken nuggets and water and I usually get 2 of the 99 cent burgers and we share a fry and a drink. I was full and I think everybody else was too.

Jessica wanted to spend the weekend with us so we met her and her mom and dad at Walmart and she came home with us. It will be a long weekend!

I made the bananna split cake tonight but I made it my way. I used the cream cheese filling, a layer of banannas, I added a layer of vanilla waffers, then the pinapple. Next it said to spread with cool whip but I didn't want the straight cool whip so I mixed a box of bananna pudding mix into the cool whip. I topped it off with a couple of maraschino cherries. It looks purty anyway. I couldn't do the one with 3 sticks of butter or the one from church that called for a whole bag of powdered sugar. Was the one you sent out of a healthy cookbook, Sharon? It made a little more sense to me. Haven't tasted mine yet, it is in the refrigerator cooling. When I was making it Sarah Beth wanted to know what dinner were we going to. She just couldn't believe I was actually making something and I didn't have too. That's bad, I hope she doesn't follow in my footsteps with this cooking stuff.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Talk about a windy day,shew! Cold wind at that.

Yes, 7.00 is very cheap for 3 people, not to shabby.

You come up with the cutest and most appropriate little pictures.

What happened to Sharons recipe? It's not posted any more.

Did you get Sarah Beth to help you with your banana split cake, she could have crushed up the crackers.