Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I feel so sorry for Jess, she didn't get to stay the week with Sarah Beth. Mom and Dad apparently had a big fight last night and he has finally had enough. He came by the shop to tell Jess the he was divorcing her Mom. Actually it's her grandma, her real mom and dad go a divorce when she was little and she was adopted and is being raised by her grandma. How devastating is that to a 13 year old? It has to be the worst thing you could ever want to hear! She cried then fell asleep on the couch. Tonight when we came home her mother called her to say hello and I guess he hadn't told her yet because she seemed suprised to hear it. She insisted that Jess come home and that is the last place Jess wanted to be. There was nothing we could do to help her and she was heartbroken. I would not wish that situation on any child. Just makes me hug my kid a little harder and tell her I love her.

I know there were a lot of he's and her's in there but I didn't want to put any names. I hope you can figure it out. It is just a sad situation.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It's sad that her Dad put all that on her shoulders. Both parents should have sat her down at the same time to tell her. Stuff like that stays with a kid forever (I know, because my husband's mother picked the kids up at school and told them they had moved out and were now living with Grandma - he still lives with the wounds from that) I will pray for her that she can work through her feelings and get through this.

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.