Wednesday, March 15, 2006





Is the picture in the previous post showing on your computer? I used a different server for that picture and it is now showing on my computer, I can't figure out why.

Beautiful photos of the flower gardens, Sharon. You can tell they have not suffered through about 6 weeks of 90 degree weather and no rain. Then tell me what they would look like.

The birds are setting on at least 2 eggs again. I am not sure these will hatch either. I moved them to their new digs, gave them a bigger nest box and am trying to keep the area a little more moist but I moved the birds and eggs in the middle of trying to set and they didn't sit on the eggs for about 2 days, until they got used to the new place. It was early in the process so it may not make a difference. I know that they will lay several eggs sometimes before setting so that they will all hatch at about the same time so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't know how long we'll have to wait either, I didn't pay any attention to when they started all this.

I have 2 very pregnant dogs and I was hoping the 3rd was pregnant too but it is a little too early to tell about her. I didn't especially want them all to be popping at the same time but I didn't have any say in that department. When these other girls all came in heat at the same time Tabby wanted in on the action too and decided to join the group (can she do that?). She had a 3 month old pup that was still nursing at the time but she did come in heat too. I tried my best to keep her separated from Blade but he is a very persistent boy. Tabby is very fat now, weighs 20 lbs, but I am not sure yet if she is pregnant or just fat. I had planned to get her fixed about now but I'll have to wait a couple weeks now to make sure.

I am ready to go to Flat Gap any time now, if any body wants to volunteer to chauffeur me. I can pay for the gas and wear and tear on the vehicle. I just don't trust my car to go that far. She won't have a puppy for me for a while so I guess we'll have to make two trips. I don't really want to hang on to this puppy much longer, especially with 2 or maybe even 4 litters of puppies coming.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I talker to this friend in Flat Gap on Monday.(her birthday!) and told her I would try to come when you take her a puppy.

I can't imagine have so many puppies underfoot! Yikes!

Your birds persistant anyway. Babies all over the place.

Farm Girl said...

No there is no picture in the previous post. Only a box with an x in it.

Yvonne said...

I see a picture of some daisies - all different colors - no box with a red x. Oh goody, more puppies! You have the cutest puppies, and take the best photos of them - can't wait!!!

Lois said...

What's with a red x? Don't see one anywhere. See a cute birdhouse.