Friday, March 17, 2006


I have fought with my hair ever since I was out of pig tails! It is very fine, very straight,wont hold a curl more then about 30 minutes, 2 minutes if the weather is humid, and it is thin. It lays flat to my head and I struggle not to look like a drowned rat. Well, I don't struggle too hard, I just let it look like a drowned rat most of the time. When I was going to the beauty salons, about 20 years ago, I would get a perm and it would have a little height to it and hold a curl for couple months but since I got married I got lazy and have worn it French braided for about 15 years. Hubby likes it that way so it has been too easy to get complacent and not take the effort. I am ready for a change, but don't know what to do. I love the old fashioned hairdos, like when the ladies had long hair and wore it up with something nice to frame the face. No can do. Not enough hair or the right kind. It is long enough, to my waist but too thin.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Well, are you willing to go shorter? I'm thinking somewhere between your chin and shoulders - where it doesn't touch either - with some layers - something to frame your face. Not full out layers, just layered a bit towards the ends would give some fullness. You know, someday we are all going to have to meet!

Lois said...

Pretty picture. Think I was born at the wrong time. I love how the 'ladies' looked back then. Saw Moreene[sp]O'hara playing tonight as John Wayne's leading lady and wished I had enough thick hair for here hairdo. It was so pretty and feminine. Movie was made in 1950, the one where he was in Ireland and married this hot headed redhead. Forget the name of it.