Thursday, March 16, 2006


Does any one ever get perms these days? I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about how this is the 100th anniversary of the perm. They said that back in the 80's perms were really popular and it sounded like now, nobody gets perms. They said that if you go in to a salon they will do it because it is a big money maker but from the way they talked, it has gone out of style. I was not aware of that, but you have to remember, I have not been in a salon in 15 years either. Am I out of touch now? I was even thinking of getting a perm but I guess I can't now, I would be out of style.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

And who dictates 'style'? may I ask? I had a perm just before Christmas. No, I didn't like it at the time, but that was my fault. I also didn't know what I wanted. but I think I learned to 'make it work' and I'm still glad I did it. Why couldn't I have been born with naturally curly hair? Gotta make do with what I was given, I guess, hence the perm!!

Yvonne said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to have straight hair! I'm sick of my wavy thick hair! Just goes to show the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, no?

Lois said...

Dito. Straight, thin and fine. We just pin it up out of the way go from there. Yes, I too would love some curl, trade you Yvonne.