Sunday, March 05, 2006

Lunch at Mom's

Nobody called me to invite me to lunch so I invited myself. I took garlic bread to go with the lasagna and a gallon of ice cream to go with the dinosaur cake. They had those candles that re-light themselves on Timmy's cake so he was a little frustrated because he couldn't open his presents until he blew out the candles. We finally had to extinguish them with a wet paper towel. They put up the pretty border before lunch and I left after they got the counter top in so I don't know what else they did after I left. Mom was real excited to get the counter top finally. Lois made the cute birthday cake. It was good too, apple cake with creme cheese icing. I bought Blue Bunny ice cream and it wasn't the cheapest there but it sure tasted cheap. Maybe I should have gotten the 5 bucks a gallon stuff?









2 comments:

Lois said...

Whether you knew it or not, you were invited to dinner. The invatation just didn't get to you. I told mom on the phone to invite you but it slipped her mind. Glad you took it upon yourself to come anyway. Thanks for the good garlic toast and icecream, Kenny really wanted the icecream to go with his cake.

You would have to post those yucky pictures of me, for the whole world to see, lands sakes.

Farm Girl said...

I could have eaten some of that lasagna. Sure sounds good.

The counter looks nice in the photos and the trim around the ceiling is pretty. Nice to finally get it done.