Saturday, November 19, 2005

I fixed pancakes for everybody this morning then Terry went off to split and haul wood. David helped him haul 4 small pickup loads and stack them on the porch. I took Sarah Beth to Jessica's house then me and Timmy went to Mom's. Of course she was working but Sarah and Lois were there. Dustin got a deer so he took Timmy with him to take the deer to the processing plant. Dad was at church so that left us three and a lot of work to do. We tried to start in the kitchen but we had to move upstairs and clean there a little so we would have some room the move things out of the kitchen to upstairs. We sorted, boxed and stacked all the canned goods and sorted and boxed all the empty canning jars. Got rid of a couple of boxes of old magazines, and some boxes of old lids. We emptied and carried down Sarah's old chifarobe and that left enough room upstairs so we could go back to the kitchen and back room and start carrying up a LOT of stuff. I bet I climbed them stairs more then 50 times! I'll feel that in the morning.
We cleaned off and wiped the top of both fridges, wiped the cabinet down and sorted one of her junk tables and called it a day. I was glad, all I had for lunch was a slice of peanut butter and jelly bread and a couple of chocolate chip cookies and I was bushed.
Fixed Terry chicken noodle soup out of a can and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper and a slice of pumpkin pie Lois gave me from Bertie.
It was good to be able to spend some time with the sisters again, Sharon, wish you were there.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Me too! Me too! I would love to be there, even just to help clean house!!! Wa a a !!

PS Who is David? You have mentioned him before.

Ruth said...

David is Becky Walts' foster brother. He is 30 something but the handle didn't crank right and he acts about 12 years old. He has a strong back and can throw slabs and chop wood so he'll do.