Tuesday, November 15, 2005



It rained all night last night and was raining when we got up so Terry didn't go to the sawmill. We decided to go to Jasper and talk to a loan company about buying the shop. Well, they don't loan on new purchases, just a remortgage so that didn't work out. We went to WalMart for groceries then McDonald's for lunch. We stopped at the Salvation Army on the way home and they were closing early because of the threat of severe weather. We stopped at the St. Vincent store too and maybe we shouldn't have because we came out of there $300.00 poorer! They had an old Victorian, real ornate pump organ in there marked $500.00. While Terry was standing there the guy came over and marked it down to $400.00. So Terry had the idea to make him an offer and they accepted. It will look really good in our shop. We are getting some nice old antique furniture in there and it is looking more like an antique shop instead off a junk store. That is the way we like it. Terry said he isn't really wanting to sell it so he will put $500.00 on it and just let it sit there a while and look pretty.

We had leftover chili for supper then sat around waiting for the tornado to show up. The TV said that people in Crawford Co. should take cover. They mentioned Taswell, Eckerty, English and Mifflin. It didn't look very bad out there, nothing like I would think would mean a tornado but we had the cellar door open just in case. I had the puppies in a laundry basket and my laptop ready to go but as usual, nothing happened. Thank God for that!

I did get a little cleaning done today. I figured out what to use to get the grease off the cabinets. Good ole old fashioned scouring powder. It works great. I cleaned the cabinets above the stove and took all the spices from the back of the stove. I decided they should go in the cabinet so I would have a lot less things to have to wipe off in the future. Now I need something pretty to put on the shelf. I started to clean the stove but decided that needed to be done in the daylight. I can see the dirt a lot better with natural light.

Where does this motivation come from? Well, to start with it came from being so sick and tired of the dirt! It just got so bad that I felt like I was living in a barn and had to do something about it. Then as I saw how nice it looked clean I was motivated to continue. That and the fact that we might be having company for Thanksgiving.

When we were in the cellar tonight, I looked up and noticed that 2 of the floor joists in Sarah Beth's old bedroom are broken and the floor is sagging about 4 to 6 inches. I knew the floor was really spongy when you walked on it but I had no idea it was so bad. That idea of a dressing room in there may just have to be on hold for a while until I find somebody with a sawmill that can saw me out some more floor joists. :)

No comments: