Sunday, November 27, 2005




Well it is good to be home again after such a long trip. 4 hours for Rachel and Danielle, 2 and a half hours for most of us and just about an hour for Sharon! It was a fun day, it just didn't last long enough. We need to get a room next time so we can have 2 days to see it all.

We watched a nice Hallmark movie on TV tonight, I enjoyed the time to just sit on the couch together and do nothing. For some reason Blade was resting tonight and not demanding that someone throw his toy for him. Terry usually sits and watches the news every night and just before it comes on Blade will be going around the house searching for all his throw toys. He collects them in the living room and as soon as Terry sits down he grabs on in his mouth and will stand there looking at Terry wagging his tail, begging for Terry to throw it for him. Terry throws it a while, all the time trying to make sure it goes somewhere that the dog cannot find it but he is pretty smart, he usually finds it and drags it back, waiting for more. Sometime I would dearly love to know what goes on inside a dog's head.

Sarah Beth is asking to sleep on the couch again tonight or even under the Christmas tree! She has a perfectly good, warm bed room upstairs but I guess at 11 years old she still feels that is too far away from Mom. I let her sleep on the couch occasionally but I think I have to insist that she use her bedroom on a regular basis, I don't like the mess of the pillow, sheets and blanket always laying around the room. She is fine upstairs if I insist so it is upstairs again tonight.


It is back to the shop in the morning again, I have about 11 packages to wrap and ship and that will take me most of the day. I just turn up the heat, turn on the TV and get to work. I hope I have all the appropriate size boxes I need.

Good luck Yvonne, on your ebay. It looks like you are doing great. I don't know if this would work for you but our small town hardware saves boxes of all sizes and shapes and loves to share. You might check a hardware store for used boxes.

2 comments:

mom said...

ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A DOG BLOG MOM

Yvonne said...

Hey Ruth! I just got a great tip today from another friend who ebays alot! You can get FREE ebay priority mail boxes shipped right to your door from the post office. Go to ebay home page - scroll to the bottom and click on site map - and find "Shipping Center" under selling resources. scroll to the bottom and find "order free ebay usps co-branded shipping boxes". they have 5-6 different sizes - place the order (it automatically orders you 10 or 25 boxes depending on box size.) they ship direct to your door in 7-10 business days!! How cool is that?? Let me know what you think!