Friday, November 11, 2005

Jessica took this picture tonight with my camera. It was a really pretty sunset.
Wow, I think it will take me two weeks to clean this house! One week is not enough. I don't think Terry will let me off another week so I'll just have to work extra hard before and after work I guess.
Today I cleaned out my refrigerator, threw out a bunch of old and unrecognizable stuff and wiped it down inside and out. I even pulled out the crisper drawers and cleaned underneath. Wiped down the outside and the top (yuck) of the fridge. I cleaned the inside and outside of a couple of cabinets, again, throwing away a lot of old stuff. Since I cook with gas it leaves a greasy film all over everything and I haven't found the right stuff yet that will take that off easy. Any advice anyone? It was all over my white cabinets and PineSol makes it smell like it is clean in here but it still takes a lot of elbow grease to remove that stuff. I cleaned out one of my junk drawers and organized it and straightened and cleaned out my pots and pans cabinet.
I didn't have all day to work because I had to run out to the shop and sand and varnish a sign that some one is picking up this weekend.
I still need to deep clean my stove, wipe clean some more cabinets and straighten up another junk drawer. Well, that is not all I have to do but that is as far ahead as I want to think right now.
Tonight I had to do cockle burr duty on Ginger. She had been out in the field and came back in pretty bad shape. I put a towel on the washer, put her up there and went to work. For such a hyper dog most all the time, she sure was still for this. I guess it was so uncomfortable and she new I was going to 'fix' it so she was a good dog. Blade just sat there looking up watching me like he was waiting for his turn. When I was done with Ginger and put her down he went to check her out then came back and sat down again, just waiting. I thought he was just wanting attention so I put him up there and sure enough, he had them too. He was a happy puppy when I got done with him. I must be awful not to have any thumbs sometimes.
We are having pump problems right now and don't have running water. Thats a bummer! I've had to do all this cleaning with water from the shop or what I had saved in milk jugs. Makes it kinda hard on baths too. I hope Terry can get that fixed tomorrow.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Nothing like living primitive,is there? Makes us really apreciate it when that wet stuff runs out of a faucet at the turn of the handle, and I hate cleaninag fridges, wanna do mine too?

Farm Girl said...

I will have to post my sunset photo of last night too. And to think it was the same sunset! Jessica's looks a lot like mine. She did a good job.