Monday, November 07, 2005


I get rid of one kid and then get another. That Sarah Beth sure doesnt seem to spend many nights alone in her room. I am sure that is quit alright with her, she was wanting to wimp out on me about sleeping upstairs but when she has somebody with her it isn't so bad. Eventually they will all go home then it will be me again, laying with her until she falls asleep.
I thought I would share another exerpt from my journal. It may not mean anything to anybody but me but I so remember the excitement I had about quiting that job!


March 1,1986
Today was my last Saturday to work at Wards! The last of many Saturdays. I always hated to see them coming but I guess that will be different now. I keep doing things and thinking, "Now this is the last time I'll do this here." It feels pretty good! I am starting to pack now, doing little things here and there that need to be done before Igo. The girls and I went to K-Mart tonight to buy a few things to take up. I got some suntan lotion real cheap but I guess it will be a while before I get to use it.

2 comments:

mom said...

or when you pour milk in a tall glass and it hits the side of the glass and tips over

Farm Girl said...

That was a long time ago, when you worked at Wards. I know the feeling of the last Saturday. That was a good feeling too. My last day at Stone Ridge was just like that! Didn't know what the future would hold, but just want 'outa there'!!!